Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Getting there.

I took Easter Sunday off but I have gotten a decent amount done.  I was able to get the panels installed and all the circuits terminated to it.  I have also gotten my cuddy wiring, compressor switch, and the engine compartment outlet all completed.  I removed the old hot water tank and all the water lines.  The hot water tank was full of a grey sludge that just smelled.  After removing the tank, I am glad I did it as it was pretty rusty.  With all the gunk in it, I imagine I would have had to replace it in the near future anyways.  The only electric work left is installing the new hot water tank and its switch.  Tomorrow I plan on getting the new hot water tank placed, rip up the rest of the carpet, and possibly start working on getting an exhaust manifold out.



  1. Remove upper cabinets Completed 3/9
  2. Finish Starboard lower outlets Completed 3/9
  3. Finish port lower outlets Completed 3/17
    1. I have all but one cable ran
  4. Build new power box for new electrical panels Completed 3/28
    1. I will have to shift my 12volt connections about 3 inches so I have the proper room
  5. Remove ceiling panels for access to the AC units for rewireCompleted 3/14
    1. While these are out, I will be putting some foam board in to insulate the ceiling as well Completed 3/14
    2. I will also run the wiring for the lights above the sink/microwave as well as the outlet on the shelf in the upper salon Completed 3/9
    3. We will be installing some LED lights under the upper cabinets for lower power use and brightness 
    4. Install new lower cabinets Completed 3/14
  6. Install power panels Completed
  7. Remove rudders Completed 3/31
    1. Both rudders are bent.  I have a shop in Dayton Ohio that will weld me a couple for a great price.  
  8. Remove prop shaft and struts  Completed 3/26
    1. Sending the prop shafts to a machine shop to straighten
    2. Sending the strut to Pluckebaum to get a new one made Completed 3/30
  9. Install new hot water tank
  10. Replumb the boat.
  11. Finish Cuddy wiring Completed
  12. Remove Carpet
  13. Reinstall strut, prop shafts, and rudders
  14. Replace exhaust manifolds Ordered
    1. My manifolds are rusted out and the drain plugs wont go back in.  I encountered this on the Kingscraft and finding your boat to be taking on a lot of water isn't fun.
  15. Install new generator!
    1. I can't wait for this one.  This will make or break the boating season this year.
  16. Replace hull numbers
    1. I sported the registration from the former owner last year even though I had my own.  I suck at getting the hull numbers straight and they look like crap.
  17. Fix the horn
    1. The mover had to loosen bolts on the horn so the flybridge could fit on the lower deck.  The issue is that the bolt fell inside the horn assembly.  So I have to take it apart to get the bolts out.  It is also siliconed to the flybridge.
  18. Replace flybridge interior walls.
    1. For some reason Marinette used an interior panel for the interior walls of the flybridge.  This part of the boat sits directly in the weather.  So 42 years later is has now rotted through.  We will pull this paneling off and fabricate something to take its place.
  19. Seal decking screws
    1. Stop the rain from getting in!

No comments:

Post a Comment