Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Bear with me.

    Well the list is really getting down to the final stages.  Still some large items on the list left to do, but my time frame is really good.  I talked to the rudder shop yesterday and they feel I should have them back in a week.  I have attempted to contact Pluckebaum to get an ETA for my strut but I have been unable to reach anyone so far.  In the last two days I was able to remove and replace the rudder cutlass bearings as well as the one bearing in the remaining strut.  Removing the bearings was a pain and I had to sand out the tube to get them all to even think about going back in.  After having a plan of attack the overall work took me about 2-3 hours.  Most of that was chiseling out the old bearing.  The only picture I have is of an empty rudder tube.







  1. Remove upper cabinets Completed 3/9
  2. Finish Starboard lower outlets Completed 3/9
  3. Finish port lower outlets Completed 3/17
    1. I have all but one cable ran
  4. Build new power box for new electrical panels Completed 3/28
    1. I will have to shift my 12volt connections about 3 inches so I have the proper room
  5. Remove ceiling panels for access to the AC units for rewireCompleted 3/14
    1. While these are out, I will be putting some foam board in to insulate the ceiling as well Completed 3/14
    2. I will also run the wiring for the lights above the sink/microwave as well as the outlet on the shelf in the upper salon Completed 3/9
    3. We will be installing some LED lights under the upper cabinets for lower power use and brightness Will complete week of 3/24
    4. Install new lower cabinets Completed 3/14
  6. Install power panels Completed
  7. Remove rudders Completed 3/31
    1. Both rudders are bent.  I have a shop in Dayton Ohio that will weld me a couple for a great price.  
  8. Remove prop shaft and struts  Completed 3/26
    1. Sending the prop shafts to a machine shop to straighten
    2. Sending the strut to Pluckebaum to get a new one made Completed 3/30
  9. Install new hot water tank Completed
  10. Finish Cuddy wiring Completed
  11. Remove Carpet Completed
  12. Reinstall strut, prop shafts, and rudders
  13. Replace exhaust manifolds Completed
    1. My manifolds are rusted out and the drain plugs wont go back in.  I encountered this on the Kingscraft and finding your boat to be taking on a lot of water isn't fun.
  14. Install new generator!
    1. I can't wait for this one.  This will make or break the boating season this year.
  15. Replace hull numbers
    1. I sported the registration from the former owner last year even though I had my own.  I suck at getting the hull numbers straight and they look like crap.
  16. Fix the horn
    1. The mover had to loosen bolts on the horn so the flybridge could fit on the lower deck.  The issue is that the bolt fell inside the horn assembly.  So I have to take it apart to get the bolts out.  It is also siliconed to the flybridge.
  17. Replace flybridge interior walls.
    1. For some reason Marinette used an interior panel for the interior walls of the flybridge.  This part of the boat sits directly in the weather.  So 42 years later is has now rotted through.  We will pull this paneling off and fabricate something to take its place.
  18. Seal decking screws
    1. Stop the rain from getting in!

No comments:

Post a Comment