Saturday, April 25, 2015

A large step forward

Well, today the old generator came out and the new generator went in!!!  We removed the rear hatch and rear hand rails.  Of course I forgot to take a picture of it in the boat.  It was a tight fit, and starboard oil filter changes will require a bit of work until I put a remote mounted filter on the engine.  The generator is currently just bolted in.  I am awaiting the fuel and intake hose.  I plan on waiting until I get the rest of the boat back together before I get the generator completely hooked up.  The muffler is larger than the old one so I might have to fabricate a shelf for it.  Tomorrow we will reattach the hatch and get the rear handrail back on.  I will also get the engine bay mounting boards mounted.  The rudders and strut are supposed to be in next week.  Fingers crossed that they are.  If so, I am hoping to have the boat dropped in next weekend for the sea trials.  Here are a couple videos of the old generator coming out and the new one going in.










No comments:

Post a Comment